Popular Posts

Sunday 13 July 2014

Progress Report

Well, have I been a busy bee lately? Why, yes, yes I have.

The unfortunate part is that I've been feeling very unproductively busy. The kids were at their father's for a week and I really felt like I didn't get anything done. I told my new work that I could work anything they wanted me to that week. A guy quit, and a guy was on vacation, so I was picking up hours. I worked my sweet ass off.

On top of that, I had some welding work to do. Most of which did not get done.

A couple of weeks ago I pulled out the clarion 7" fold out screen deck out of my car because the touch screen was no longer working and I couldn't deal with it anymore. I had a few friends up and we tried putting in another deck that was lying around here, which ended up not working. Another friend loaned me another one until I can afford a new one, and I wired it up myself. Which I decided I never want to do again.

Last weekend some friends helped me put the newly rebuilt rack in my car and the door speakers.

I had some unfortunate luck to have my car not start on Thursday night and had to get a tow home. Luckily it was only a few blocks, but I was without the car for almost 24 hours. After troubleshooting (wrongly) the car just started again. I'm pinning it down to wiring. Which is great.

The parts that really piss me off is that it was booked in to get the alignment on Friday, which I had to move to Monday. Also, I thought I could possibly get the pigtail to the fuel pump from work and what is listed looks absolutely nothing like what I need.

The next most shitty thing is that yesterday I ended feeling very unaccomplished because everything I tackled was a waste. The pigtail was not what I needed. I had ordered in a cam sensor in and it was the wrong one as well. I made two trips up to work, and had nothing to show for it. Yesterday felt like a complete waste.

So it was good that today was not. Although I wasted the first half of the day, and didn't even get to sleep in, I got the hitch fixed (hopefully) and the bumper sanded with a coat of the plasti-shit.

And now. It's late, and I have to work in the morning, after I drop my car off. Hopefully it's not too much of a whore, and it would be nice if it didn't need any work before the alignment.

One can hope.

No comments:

Post a Comment